First visits and complete evaluations usually require one to two hours. Return appointments may be made at the front desk as you leave the office. Please bring all of your insurance information, contact lenses, eye glasses, and a list of all medications that you may be taking.
If you need to cancel an appointment, please let us know as early as possible so that we may offer your time to another patient.
FEES AND INSURANCE
We are concerned with providing the highest quality, affordable eye care. It is your responsibility to know which providers are in your network and which services are covered by your insurance plan. Our financial policies allow us to reduce administrative costs without diminishing the quality of our service to you. They are:
Office visits: We request payment on the day of your visit. Our staff will be happy to file your insurance for you. If your insurance requires a co-pay, we ask that you pay it at the time service is rendered. We do accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
Surgery: We will discuss estimated fees and insurance coverage with you prior to scheduling surgery. Our surgical facilities have been approved by most local insurance companies, including Medicare.
Insurance: We participate with many insurance plans but not all. If you provide us with your current insurance information we will file a claim for you for any medically necessary services. If you have coverage for routine eye exams and care you must inform us at the time of your visit so we get that recorded properly and file the appropriate claim. It is the your responsibility to know which providers are in your network and which services are covered by your plan.
Medicare: We are participating physicians, accepting what Medicare allows as full payment (not what Medicare pays). Once you have met your deductible. Medicare pays 80% of the allowed charge, leaving 20% your responsibility to pay. If you have supplemental insurance that may cover all or part of the 20% co-insurance and/or deductible.